3.23.2010

you're never too old for an easter basket




growing up my brother and i would wake up easter morning to easter baskets on the kitchen table. we have so many pictures of us in our pajamas reaching into brightly colored baskets, as green "grass" came pouring out, to find big chocolate bunnies and a special present for each of us like a yo-yo or a sticker book. as we got older it became cd's and movies. normally, this tradition ends when kids leave the house and become adults. well...not the robey family.

i'm writing this blog because today i got an easter basket in the mail from my mom. well, not a basket. a package. and the cutest thing is that she hasn't stopped sending me an easter package since i moved out of the house 6 years ago. my package today consisted of A LOT of chocolate. i don't even really like chocolate, but for some reason today it really hit the spot. maybe it's because today i needed a little bit of comfort. today i needed a bit of home. and i felt loved because of a few chocolate bunnies and a note from my mom.

i understand easter isn't about the candy. i understand it is about so much more.

but today i am grateful for my easter basket.
today i am grateful for my mom, who loves me well and alway knows exactly what i need.

1 comment:

  1. so cute!!! i stopped getting baskets when my mom came to the conclusion that handing me a hershey's bar was the same as an easter basket. SO not the same!!

    way to go mom!!

    ReplyDelete